Use the instructions below to forget an SSID (Wireless Network) on your device as part of troubleshooting or as needed.
- Go to settings > Wi-Fi
- Touch the blue “i” next to the Wi-Fi symbol of the SSID that you want to forget.
- When the next page comes up, touch “Forget This Network”.
- When the prompt comes up, touch “Forget”.
Apple OS X
- Open "System Preferences" and open "Network".
- Select the Wi-Fi adapter - Not any other networking adapters, just the Wi-Fi.
- Click the "Advanced..." button.
- Make sure you disconnect from the SSID using the Wi-Fi icon at the top of your computer.
- In the "Preferred Networks" pane, look for the SSID.
- Select the SSID and click the "minus" button to delete it.
- Click “OK”, and at the next window, click “Apply”.
- Touch “Settings” followed by “Connections”.
- Touch Wi-Fi.
- Touch the SSID under “CURRENT NETWORK”.
- Touch “FORGET”.
- Click on the Start menu, type “Settings”, and Press enter.
- Click on “Network & Internet”.
- On the left-hand side, click on “Wi-Fi”.
- Click on “Show available networks”.
- In the window that pops up in the lower right-hand corner, right-click on the SSID that you want to forget.
- Click on “Forget”.